5 W Output Power for Hazardous Locations
The IC-M88 UL version provides 5 W output power and can be used in hazardous locations, stipulated under Class I, Division 2 conditions of use approved by UL. Nonincendive: Class Ι, Division 2, Groups A, B, C, D T6 (≤85°C) when used with Icom BP-227UL battery pack.
Approved accessories: Speaker-microphone, HM-168IS
Ambient temperature: –20°C to +40°C
IPX7, Waterproof Construction
The IC-M88 UL version is built tough to withstand hazardous and unhospitable environments at sea and on land. Even if the IC-M88 UL version is dropped into water, the IPX7 waterproof construction will protect it from harm (1 m depth for 30 minutes). The compact and durable body also has been tested to U.S. military specifications (MIL-STD 810).
Li-ion Battery for Extra Long Battery Life
With the standard 1950 mAh (typ.) rechargeable Li-ion battery pack, BP-227AX, the IC-M88ATEX allows you up to 19 hours of operating time.*
22 Programmable Channels for LMR Use
The IC-M88 has 22 programmable channels for LMR use (146–174 MHz). CTCSS and DTCS signaling is built-in.
Built-in Voice Scrambler
The IC-M88 has a built-in 32 code voice scrambler. The voice scramble is compatible with the UT-112 which is adopted to some Icom marine radios.* Typical operation with 5:5:90 duty ratio. 20 hours for basic version.
Optional Waterproof Speaker-Microphone, HM-138
An optional waterproof speaker-microphone, HM-138, provides reliable operation, allowing you to wear the IC-M87 ATEX on your belt for added portable convenience.
• Selectable 5/3/1 W output power
• Auto WX scan and WX alert function
• Simple Up/Down switches for operating channel selection
• Instant access to Ch. 16 and Ch. 9 (or call channel)
• Simple add/delete TAG scanning operation
• Battery indicator shows remaining battery power in 4 levels
• Beep sound is programmable for each button
• The self check function checks internal temperature, connected battery
voltage (over voltage detection), and water intrusion
• Monitor button opens squelch • Automatic scan function
• Key lock function • 2 step power saver